Tuesday, April 7, 2009

It's Here Again!

And with a vengeance. I don't expect anything actually. My latest blood test reveals NORMAL hormones, so you know what that means? I never had PCOS, but irregular periods and hormone levels due to how fat I was. All of those "symptoms" I was told I had that confirmed a diagnosis of PCOS don't even exist anymore and I'm not sure they ever did. Dark hair growth on an Italian female isn't unusual in the least. I've always had dark hair growth. ALWAYS. Idiot GYN in SINY. Once again a doctor that didn't LISTEN to a fucking word I said.

On a much lighter note.... I'm taking a trip to VA next week for my LAST surgeon's visit! The 28th officially marks 1 year since I had my gastric bypass procedure. I'm going to be finishing up the much needed painting inside the house and continuing the rehabilitation of the yards thanks to some unmentionables. A lovely dinner with some good friends and SHOPPING! I'm hoping it will be warm enough to go to the riverside beach one of the days I'm at the house. I could use some sand, sun, and my book for a few hours.

Spring has started up here and it looks very pretty so far! Planted a lot of seedlings - basil, oregano, cilantro, peppers, tomatoes, kitty grass, and Italian parsley. I already had catnip in my kitchen window during the winter for the kitties. In addition to my herbs, I have three HUGE hyacinths seeping its fragrance throughout the whole kitchen. When the window is open the breeze blows its scent through the rest of the middle floor of the house. I love it! It reminds me of my Grandmom. She tended a family owned greenhouse in the spring and fall until a few months before she died in 1990. The smell makes me sad and happy at the memories of her. Almost 20 years later and I still miss her tremendously.

Carry on with the baby making!

No comments: